Instructors and GSIs Get Started with Gradescope
Berkeley has a site license for access to Gradescope. All features and functionality are freely available to instructors.
To get started:
- Login to Gradescope using your CalNet to create your instructor account
- Link Gradescope link to the course navigation in your bCourses site
- Click the new Gradescope menu item to Create Your Gradescope course (or link to a course you've already created)
- Link Gradescope course to bCourses roster (see "Adding students and staff via Canvas..")
- Create bCourses assignment to add item to gradebook
- Set submission type as "External Tool" then click "Find" and select "Gradescope. Set a point value, then Save (and publish)
- The page will re-load with Gradescope embedded where you can Create your Gradescope assignments
- Link your Gradescope assignment to bCourses assignment/gradebook
- When you have completed grading in Gradescope, you can sync your scores into the bCourses gradebook.
- Refer to this support article or video for additional detail