Import Content from a Previous Course
In addition to using the DLS Core Template, in bCourses you can import content such as assignments, modules, pages, and discussions from previous courses using the Course Import tool. This is a quick way to transfer previously created content into your new course site to compliment the template resources.
Please take note of the following:
- You only have access to copy content from current or previous courses in which you are an enrolled user.
- Importing a content more than once may have unintended consequences. If you import content into a new course, edit the content in the new course, and later import the previous content again, the imported content will override the existing content.
Create a Site
Before you begin, you must have a new course site to work with. See this help article for instructions on how to create a site in bCourses: How do I create a Course Site?
Import the DLS Core Template
Prior to importing additional content, it's recommended to import the DLS Core Template first. See this DLS guide for instructions: Import the DLS Core Template.
Once you have created your course site and imported the template, then proceed to importing select content from a previous course. See this Canvas Guide for instructions: How do I select content as part of a course import?
- How do I create a Course Site?
- What is the Course Import Tool?
- How do I select content as part of a course import?